Table of Contents
9.02 Screen Functions
Statements and procedures that work with the graphics display.
These statements and procedures control the graphics capabilities of the FreeBASIC graphics library. Screen modes can be set with varying resolutions and color depths, window events can be handled, and specific OpenGL procedures can be retrieved.
Working with screen modes
Procedures for setting and retrieving information about screen modes.
- Gets the available fullscreen resolutions.
- Screen and ScreenRes
- Sets a new graphics display mode.
- Gets information about the system desktop or current display mode.
- Gets or sets internal graphics library settings.
- Gets system events.
- Returns the address of an OpenGL procedure.
- Sets the running program's window caption.
Working with pages
Procedures that manipulate screen pages.
- Clears the entire screen or viewport.
- Sets the current work and visible pages.
- ScreenCopy, PCopy and Flip
- Copies pixel data from one page to another.
- Waits for the vertical refresh of the monitor.
Working video memory
Procedures that provide direct access to framebuffer memory.
- Gets the address of the working page's framebuffer.
- Locks the current working page's framebuffer for direct access.
- Reverts a previous ScreenLock command.
Procedures that control the way coordinates are interpreted.
- View (Graphics)
- Sets a clipping region for all drawing and blitting procedures.
- Sets a new coordinate mapping for the current viewport.
- Converts coordinates between physical and view mappings.